[SECC] More GQP Suggestions

John Laney k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:50:44 -0400

We should keep in mind that changing to counting counties as mults also
for GA stations will mean that all software modules will have to be
changed also.  I don't know what changes might required, if any, to the
WT4I logchecking software.  Jeff or Mike, could you advise us in that
regard.

Georgia QSO Parties were initiated in about 1960 and have never (to the
best of my recollection) allowed GA counties as mults for other GA
stations.  The reasoning is that so many counties that do allow that end
up being pretty inward looking contests and the out-of-state guys are
often left out with in-state guys working each other and going QRT with
the out-of-state guys never getting a chance to work the rare counties.
Many very successful State QSO Parties do not allow county mults for in
state stations, but some do.  If someone will change the contest modules
for NA, TR, and Writelog and make them available well before April, I
will have no major problem with the change.  If I can't use NA, it will
take a lot of enjoyment out of the contest.  (Of course, without a
driver this year, I didn't use a computer program in the car anyway,
but, ideally, I'd like to have a driver and use NA like Dick, K2UFT, and
I did in 1999.  I certainly want one at home.  If we don't have the
contest modules, most of the logs will be on paper and will be hard to
score and check.

The change would also obsolete any GQP in state records we may have
kept, but I don't think anyone kept up with records anyway.

73,

John, K4BAI.