[SECC] Re: claimed scores by SECC for 2003 ARRL 10M contest

Lee Hiers aa4ga at contesting.com
Sat Dec 20 01:41:25 EST 2003

On 19 Dec 2003 at 22:32, Scott Straw wrote:

> It appears that my 118/44 score is in the ballpark with the SSB half of the
> SOLP mixed participants so there is some consolation, I'd really like to
> know what the SSB total hours were from you mixed guys, as an indication of
> what I might have had "per hour" with a good station.

On SSB, the TR rate meter hit about 165/hour...during the E-
skip opening to the NE on Saturday night.  My total
operating time CW and SSB was about 3 - 3.5 hours.

> I've rearranged the second floor office and made room on a desk for the
> TS-120, so after the first of the year, I'm going to look at putting a coax
> up to the  attic where I can run some wires.  I have a room full of
> computers, what do you guys do to keep them from making noises in your
> radios,and how do you keep your HF RF from biting your computers?

I don't do anything special...there are a few "birdies",
but not many, and not very loud.  I think the key is having
the antennas installed outside...any time you've got indoor
antennas near the computers I think you'd have some
problems with interference between the radio and the
computers.

Good Luck!

Lee

--