[SECC] NAQP CW

Matt Lee, WB6BWZ Matt@tenn-valley.com
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 21:17:57 -0500

Hi Cort,

I also use WriteLog (v10.38D) for my primary RTTY, CW & SSB contest software.

For PSK31, I prefer freeware DigiPan <http://www.DigiPan.net/> because WriteLog
does not have a waterfall display for PSK. (DigiPan really isn't considered a
contest software though.) I plan to try MixW
<http://www.nvbb.net/~jaffejim/mixwpage.htm> in a few months. MixW does feature
normal and (limited) contest logging.

My general logging software is DXbase 2003 <http://www.DXbase.com/>. Still
learning how to use it. Just haven't had the time to learn how to use it.

My initial assessment is that DX4WIN is easier to learn/use than DXbase. I like
the idea that DXbase uses the Microsoft Access 97 engine (though I wish it used
the Access 2000 engine instead). DXbase does not recommend converting the
databases to the Access 2000 engine even though the Access 97 database would be
readable by Access 2000.

I also like the idea that DXbase's "home office (Scientific Solutions)" is in
Woodstock, GA. That is less than a 30-minute drive for me from downtown Atlanta
if I had a need to knock on their door, hi.

--
Matt Lee, WB6BWZ
Atlanta, Georgia USA