[SECC] 6 Meters on my 40 meter beam.

Allan & Bridget dxcc at dbtech.net
Sun Jun 15 13:32:13 EDT 2003

Hi!
Back from a long hiatus of doing any long-term radioing and also worked some
in the contest...this is one of the best openings we've had during a VHF
contest that I can remember.  I didn't get on until after dark, so really
only worked the double hop into the west coast, but had a lot of fun.  My
best DX for the contest thus far has been either the VP5KE or 6Y5/YO3YB,
both calling me off the back of the beam.  6Y5/YO3YB, of course, didn't
count for a contest QSO since he couldn't give me a grid square.  =)

I did manage to snag 4U1UN and V25XX earlier in the week...who'd have
thought an opening to New York could add a notch to someone's DXCC total for
6m!

One of the great things about six meters is that during sporadic E openings,
any antenna will usually do...I think I've had people talk to me using
almost every antenna possible except the infamous loaded mattress springs
(Allan tried that once in his younger days, and another ham has also
mentioned this to me).  =)  I have noticed, however, that the past couple of
nights have included some elements of one-way propagation.

Good to see so much activity on 6m...don't know if I'll be on tonight or
not, but Allan is still going strong in EM53 over at KF4DGS's station.

Enjoy the magic band!
73,
Bridget, KS4YT :0)