[SECC] VHF Test

Tom Drake tbdrake at charter.net
Thu Jun 19 22:36:47 EDT 2003

Good antenna Jeff.  I could also recommend a square loop.  1005/f(mhz).
That will be about 20 feet.  You can match it with a 1/4 wave transformer
made from 75 ohm coax.  246/f(mhz) x Velocity factor.  That should match it
to 50 ohm line. Feed it either on the side for vert polarization or the
bottom for horizontal.  Orientation shouldn't matter since front-to-side is
about 4db.  That's almost omnidirectional.  This type of loop was described
and compared to other wire antennas a few years ago in NCJ.