[SECC] SECC Meeting Minutes - June 7, 2003

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 30 10:35:28 EDT 2003

Please let the record reflect a minority dissent from the electronic
submission requirement.  I am opposed to anything that might tend to
discourage participation in GQP and I am concerned that the rule will
probably do so.  I guess we are willing to go without the significant
number of US mail logs that Jeff just reported.  I recognize that in
Jeff's number of US mail submissions there are probably a few who mailed
in a disk and could be eligible for an award, but the rest were folks
who are still using paper (and probably still working CW!).  Some will
never get into the computer age and I hate to exclude them, or the
newcomer (paper is the easiest way to start), or the eastern European
guy who can't yet afford a computer.

73,

John, K4BAI.