[SECC] MARAC CW WB6BWZ Fixed QRP

Matt Lee, WB6BWZ Matt at Tenn-Valley.com
Mon May 5 02:52:28 EDT 2003

                    MARAC County Hunter Contest, CW

Call: WB6BWZ
Operator(s): WB6BWZ
Station: WB6BWZ

Class: Fixed QRP
QTH: Atlanta, GA
Operating Time (hrs): <4 (48 max)

------------
   80:
   40:  13
   20:  19
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  32  Counties = 28  Total Score = 7,952

http://www.countyhunter.com/cwrules2003.htm

My first MARAC County Hunters CW contest.

Best DX in this contest (from my QTH in Atlanta, GA) were:

   Fixed:   AB7RW, Clark County, WA (40M, 04/0356z)
   Mobile:  KS5A/m, Catron County, NM (40M, 03/0408z)

S&P between this contest and the Indiana and New England QSO Parties. Had three
WriteLog windows opened; just clicked on the appropriate window tab to make it
active as I moved up and down the bands.

Lots of fun working/monitoring mobiles on 20M CW during the closing hours of the
contest as they sped through counties enroute to their home states.

Yaesu FT-817 QRP xcvr, 5 watts into a 5-MHz OCF 28-gauge insulated wire stealth
antenna up 40 feet embedded in heavy-foliage trees next to I-75 in downtown
Atlanta industrial area. SGC SG-237 autotuner. WriteLog 10.40j with 0.9 module
(thanks to K0PC), manual logging mode, no CAT interface.

--
Matt Lee, WB6BWZ
Atlanta, Georgia USA