[SECC] Radio Conditions

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 13 14:57:43 EST 2003

  Remember the wild conditions during CQWW SSB??? We might have a repeat occurance of that during CQWW CW weekend... It seems those big sunspot groups that we had during the SSB weekend are still hanging around on the far side of the sun. Should be interesting ???

  See http://www.spaceweather.com/

  FAR SIDE SUNSPOTS: Using a technique called helioseismic holography, astronomers can do something amazing: look through the sun to find sunspots on the far side of our star. On Nov. 11th their holographic maps revealed giant sunspots 486 and 488--the same active regions that caused so much intense space weather a few weeks ago. (continued below)

These spots are still active. Explosions from their vicinity have been hurling clouds of gas over the sun's limb in recent days, e.g., on Nov. 11th and Nov. 12th. The sun's 27-day rotation will soon carry the pair around to the Earth-facing side of the sun. So get ready for more solar activity!