[SECC] ARRL Sep VHF AA4GA/R Rover LP

Lee Hiers aa4ga at contesting.com
Mon Sep 15 17:12:01 EDT 2003

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: AA4GA/R
Operator(s): AA4GA

Class: Rover LP

    6:   39    12
    2:   43    10
  222:   12     6
  432:   27     8
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  121    40  Total Score = 6,400

Operated from 4 grids:  EM84, EM85, EM95, EM96.

NT4L/R and I pulled into the same turnout in EM95 at the *exact* same
time...they were southbound, I was northbound...hadn't even heard 'em in the
contest before!

Used Icom 706 barefoot on 6/2/432, with single PAR loop on each band.  220FM was
covered by a 5-watt HT and a 1/4-wave mag mount.  Real state of the art stuff!

Best DX was K3ZO on 2m.  Also heard a station in PA and another in MI, but I
couldn't get their attention.  This was my first effort as a rover; all-in-all,
I was pretty happy with the results - look for more activity next time.

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, Georgia