[SECC] funeral

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Sun Apr 11 15:54:29 EDT 2004

Hello all...well the weather co-operated for Bill's Memorial Service and it
was indeed a tribute to an accomplished person...not only in Ham radio
contesting, but in bicycling and business....there was a really impressive
list of contestor's who had made the trip...some that I remember....K1EA,
K1AR, KM3T, W8JI, K4RO, W4PA, K4JNY, K2UA, W1MD, VE7ZO, K3LR, N2NC, N2MG,
KG7GA, K4JA ,and many others I forget at this time...there were also many
friends of the family and family members...it was a stirring tribute to a
really great contestor.....he will be missed in so many ways....I saw many
of our own club there too...K4BAI, KU8E, K2UFT, K4OGG,
WB4SQ,W4DD,AA4LR,N4GG, and I am sure I am forgetting some one here...thanks
to all who were able to attend...there is a trust fund being set up for
Bill's 2 sons...they are 10 yrs and 1 yr old.....Tom W8JI has the details
and I am sure that these boys will appreciate any gift toward this fund...

On another note ,Tom and I have the task of dismantling the towers and
antennas...I am hoping we can pick a weekend and get lots of helpers and do
it all in one day type of operation.....the antennas and towers will be sold
and the proceeds given toward the trust fund...

I am still trying to come to grips with the events of the past week...it was
a week ago today that this happened..it will take me a lot longer to slowly
grasp the reality of the events and its imapct on daily life...the death of
a friend is hard to forget and daily events will triggerthoughts...that is
probably a good thing....W4AN we will miss you and you driving force in the
Atlanta area...RIP Bill....de Rick