[SECC] Re: W4AN as a Memorial Club Call

Jay Pryor jpryor at uga.edu
Tue Apr 13 11:09:38 EDT 2004

At 09:50 AM 4/13/2004, John Laney wrote:
>Dave:
>
>As far as I know, nobody has approached Dana or Tom about it.  But I think
>it would be appropriate for SECC to have W4AN as a club call. Bill was the
>founder of SECC.  It was his idea and he provided the original impetus,
>although he refused to serve as an officer.

Regarding Bill's refusal to serve as an officer, I thought club members
would find this email from Bill interesting.  It's dated March 21, 1997,
and the SECC was being born.  The email first quotes an earlier email
that  came from W4WA.

##################

Quoted email from W4WA:
  . . . so I am nominating Dick K2UFT as a temporary president, all agree
say EYE.  I will volunteer to work with him as temporary assistant till the
official guys are elected and bylaws, constitution, adopted, etc ..

Bill then said:
"QSL K2UFT.  Then K4OGG can be VP and Ron you can do Sec duties for now.  I
think Dick and Jay are good at this club stuff.  I'm a lid."

I can't imagine Bill being a lid at anything.

73,

Jay/K4OGG