[SECC] NAQP Off Times

Jay Pryor jpryor at uga.edu
Fri Aug 6 08:51:24 EDT 2004

At 08:17 AM 8/6/2004, archie mckay wrote:
>Hal
>I once asked W4AN the same question. He said he would go hard for about the
>first 30 minutes, then start the first of four 30-minute breaks. He would
>schedule the remaing 30-minute breaks depending on band conditions, how the
>runs were going etc.
>
>73, Archie, K4GA

I save old emails that I think might be useful in the future.  Here's some
info from W4AN dated July 29, 1997.  The subject was "NAQP Tips."

"Offtimes:  Four 1/2 hour breaks spread out to where you think you are
getting the most exposure to the most people when you are operating.  NEVER
take an off time from 4 PM EST to 11 PM EST.  This is when rate
occurs.  So, this leaves you with either the first 2 hours or the last 3
hours for off times.  Still, I take them in 1/2 hour chunks.  This should
also be the key to doing well in the SS.  Offtime in the SS should be the
shortest duration possible."

73,

Jay/K4OGG