[SECC] NAQP Off Times

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 6 15:54:58 EDT 2004

This is just me.  I go straight through until I get called to supper,
then take 30 minutes off, then go straight through until I run out of
time 90 minutes before the end.  That way, I get to bed by 12:45 AM or
so.  The last few hours can be slow, especially in August when 160 is
not so useful.  In the winter, you might want to save more time for 160.
  If the early or mid afternoon is real slow, you might take some time
off, but it is a gamble.  A lot of east coasters won't stay up real late
and your rate at the end could be even slower.

Bill, W4AN, advocated taking off 30 minute segments 4 times, allowing
the activity to build up and getting back on after each break.

73,

John, K4BAI.

P.S.  For SSB, 75 and 40 M are usually so bad for low power in the
General class bands, that I would always choose the earlier part to
operate and QRT for the end, unless you expect 160 M to be very good.