[SECC] SO2R switch boxes

Sherman Banks w4atl at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 9 20:52:29 EST 2004

> Who is using a SO2R switch box in the club? What type are you using and
> how do you like it?

I use the DX Doubler box.  It works well.  Simple interface to Writelog.
You will need an external keyer so the same paddles will work on each rig.
Writelog changes from right to left channels when you change the radio
focus.  You wil need to hook the audio output directly and not use the
DXDoubler.

My K2 does not like to be driven with the sound card for some reason.  For
SSB I hard wire into my run rig (Orion) and only listen for mults on the 2nd
radio (K2).  I use a hand mic for the 2nd radio.  For S&P it is fine - no
need for the DVK.

Outside the contest I run mic audio through the DXDoubler since I do not
need the sound card DVK.  That way I can use either rig with a flip of two
switches.  That is the nice thing about DXDoubler - you can leave it hooked
up outside the contest.

Hooking DXDoubler from the sound card is the only difficult thing I do.  And
it is not that bad for me the way I have settled into using it.