[SECC] 10 Meter Contest

Lewis Frederick Dennin II fdennin at numail.org
Fri Dec 17 15:00:33 EST 2004

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: PJ4Z
Operator(s): WW4LL, K4BAI
Station: PJ4Z

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Bonaire
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW: 1479   129
  SSB: 1411   113
-------------------
Total: 2890   242  Total Score = 2,114,596

Club:

Comments:

Many frustrations came with operating this contest, starting with Delta
Airline agent not being able to distinguish between a Zero and an O in my
reservation code.  Several other technical issues that we had to overcome
(power strip caught on fire, wall wort quit working, computer networking
failed before we started, WL and/or XP locked up half dozen times during
the contest, forgot keying interface, etc., etc.

Nonetheless, John and I seemed to be able to work around the adversities.
By the way, in the 1479 CW Qs that were made, plus the ones that he worked
that were dupes, the calls and serial numbers were all sent by hand.
K4BAI is one hell of a CW OP and a wealth of knowledge.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Saturday evening during the contest, we lost
power while still operating, for 3 hours and 5 minutes.  When the power
was restored, the band was still open and the first station we worked was
N9RV.

Neil, K4EA was the first SECC contact that we made but there were many
others worked like W4BW, NQ4I,NN4RR and others.  Including the contest and
throughout the week, John and I made over 8000 Qs.  The pileups to Europe
in the mornings on 20 and particularly on 15 were tremendous!  We managed
a few hundred Qs on 80 meters and some of the WARC bands, but no attempt
made on 160.

Thanks to everyone who worked us.  Happy Holidays from Fred WW4LL and John
K4BAI