[SECC] PJ4R

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 25 10:14:44 EST 2004

Hi Everyone....

 I finally made it home around midnight after my flight from MIA was delayed 3 times due to the heavy air traffic in ATL. During the last delay we were parked on the taxiway for about 20 mins !!! Not very fun when you are a tall person like me....

 Anyway... the trip went pretty good.. we had something like 7800 QSO's and 345
multipliers and final score close the 8.0 meg. The PJ4G is a nice QTH but it is plagued by some pretty serious line noise which probably hurt our score somewhat. It improved when it rained ... even completely disappering sometimes. We setup a hose with a high pressure sprayer to "water" the offending power pole when it got real bad (K2NG's suggestion) !!!

Tuesday (yesterday) was a fun day. We took an early morning flight to Curacao and spent the morning/afternoon at PJ2T before we had to depart late in the afternoon. Overall a fun trip and we are maybe planning one again for next year...

                   73's Jeff  KU8E  / PJ4R