[SECC] VE7CC AR-User Program

Ernie Zingleman ks4q at zingleman.com
Fri Jan 2 11:42:18 EST 2004

Gordon,

One issue that you might have run into was a recent change that Lee, VE7CC,
made in the program.  With the very aggressive telnet reconnection process
that the program employed in the past,  it was causing the telnet process on
the actual cluster nodes to lock up.  Imagine more than a few simultaneous
telnet requests and Windows just couldn't take it.  The change that Lee made
was to tone down the aggressiveness of the reconnect process so that the
reconnect requests are staggered.  However, based on your description, I'm
not sure that this it was you saw.

The neat thing about this program is that it can act as a connection proxy,
with auto reconnect capability, between your DX or Contest logging program
and a telnet capable DX Cluster.

73, Ernie KS4Q