[SECC] This weekend's contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 8 15:45:17 EST 2004

Hello all:

There are a number of contests this weekend.  I have picked out the ones
you are most likely to run into or to be able to participate in.

NAQP CW.  Saturday 1/20 28 UTC to 06 UTC Sun.  Maximum of 10 of the 12
hours.  160 - 10 M.  Maximum power 100 watts output.  Multipliers are
PER BAND so a lot of QSYing can be expected.  We have some teams.  Sign
up immediately with KU8E (ku8e at bellsouth.net) if you have not already
done so and tell him if full time or part time.  Exchange for NA
stations:  Name, SPC.
For non NA stations:  Name only.  (Your computer program may want you to
fill in "DX" for the section.  http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.php.

UK (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) SSB DX
Contest.  Exchange for UK stations:  RS plus UK area code.  For non UK
stations:  RS plus serial number.  http://www.srars.org/ukdxcruleseng.pdf.

Lions on the Air:  Lions club members work the world.  My Dad was a lion
and occasionally participated a little in this contest.  They do a lot
of good esepcially with sight conservation.  48 hours 00 UTC 1/l0 to 24
UTC 1/11.  160 - 10 M CW and SSB.  Exchange for lions:  RS(T), Serial #,
Name, name of club, district number.  For non lions:  RS(T) + serial #.
http:www.sarl.org.za/public/contests/lionita.asp.

Hope everyone can get on in NAQP at least, have a lot of fun, and a lot
of QSOs.

Keep warm!

73,

John, K4BAI.