[SECC] NAQP

Macie, Gordon GMacie at innotrac.com
Fri Jan 9 09:53:48 EST 2004

Im planing on a pretty casual attempt for cw.. Mainly for practice. Maybe
20/hr ??.. Hope for full time but not sure .. Its pretty cold in the
basement.. I will probably s&p and change bands frequently.. I need to run
at least some for the practice.. It will be interesting since everyone else
will be low power also.. If I do well in cw I'll probably make a more
serious effort for ssb. Weather was great Sunday and Bob w4bd came over with
his expert slingshot skills. I now have 4 more high supports for wire
antennas. I hope to get something up for 160 if the weather permits. I want
to get a 30m antenna up also.. Hopefully this spring I will finally finish
the first tower.. I have the first 40 meter vertical built. I still need to
tune it and put some radials out.. Progress is very slow but its progress..

Current Setup
80 sloping dipole about 70'
40 sloping dipole off the tower 35'   (also used on 15)
20 sloping dipole off the tower 35'
10 sloping dipole off the tower 30'

I should be able to at least double my height on 40 and twenty.. I plan to
leave the low ones up for stateside. Its more fun when you have more than 1
antenna on a band..

Gordon..