[SECC] Help with Partition Magic and DOS???

Jeffrey D Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 15 21:43:18 EST 2004

Well.... I finally got it to work. Here is what I had to do :

1) Copy the files in the WIN95 and DOS directory on Windows 95 Companion CD
, that came with my old Compaq computer to the new partition.

2) Reboot computer with Windows 98 boot disk in A: (floppy disk) drive.

3) Ran Windows 98 setup from Windows 98 Upgrade CD.

4) When it complained about the missing files during Windows 98 setup unload
Windows 98 Upgrade CD from CD rom drive and insert Windows 95 Companion
     CD. Point to the Win95 directory on that CD.

5) It thens tells you to insert the Windows 98 CD and proceeds with the
install in WIN 98 normally.

6) Activate new partition on Boot Magic.  Now when I reboot the computer it
asks if I want to boot up in WIN XP or WIN 98.

7)  I moved NA and my other contesting programs to a logical partition that
both WIN XP and WIN 98 will see...

Hopefullly this fixed everything. I will try out the keying and radio
control tomorrow and report back ....

                                               Jeff  KU8E