[SECC] question about multi-2 logs

Robin Gist k4vu at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 15 21:03:09 EST 2004

hello all --

sorry to just barge in like this, with my first post and all, but have a
serious question about multi-two logging requirements for NAQP.  (it may
actually be a stupid question, but the only way to unstupify myself is to
ask).

i've been trying to get an answer from Bruce Horn, but i think i've got him
all confused.  in the NAQP rules, it states than in a multi-2 situation,
each transmitter must keep a separate log.  paper logs i can understand --
that's easy.  but what if you are running two networked PCs with a common
log database on one of the machines?  it would be kinda difficult to
actually keep two separate logs in that scenario since everything is going
into one database.  (we'll be running MM).

hope y'all will pardon the interruption.  i've never actually done a
multi-two before, so i'm trying to keep it all straight at this point.

see you this weekend.  we'll be doing a multi-two from Alabama using the
callsign KZ5AA from KY5R's nice little station.  given that greg/K4NO will
be doing a multi-two as well, there's just no excuse for not getting AL on
all six bands!  :)

73/Robin/K4VU