[SECC] NAQP SSB Scores Claimed

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 20 16:18:01 EST 2004

Hello all:

Anyone who hasn't posted your score here or on 3830 with a resulting
summary from N7WA to cq-contest, please let me have that information
right away, so I can post as complete a list as possible.  For the three
teams that we registered, I don't have a summary from:  WT8Y and AA4LR.

I'd like to have total hours operating from WA4TII and WE4YL (AF4QZ).

Claimed scores for the Hungarian DX Contest last weekend:

KA1DWX  61 CW Q  0 SSB Q  35 mults  9,345  3.5 hours  SOAB CW
K4BAI	81       1        26        8,008  2.6        SOAB Mixed

This is often a fun contest.  You can work anybody else in the world.  6
points for Hungarian stations, 3 for other continents, 1 for your own
continent.  You can work each station once on CW and once on SSB on each
band.  There is a 10 minute rule for band or mode changes (no exceptions
for a new mult).  Multipliers are the political divisions in Hungary per
band plus the members of the Hungarian DX Club (HG3DX and similar calls
in some contests), whose members can send their membership number rather
than the political division where they live.

Band conditions were not too good this time.  10 meters didn't really
open to Europe Saturday, although it did so on Sunday and Tuesday of
this week.  I was moved to 10 meters from 15 meters by HG1S and was able
to work him for my only European QSO and he was on the skew path across
Africa.  During the 10 minutes I stayed there, I worked other US
stations, including KA1DWX, I think, and P43JB in Aruba.  I quit this
contest when NAQP SSB started, but did work one additional station (the
only one on SSB) during the NAQP in the person of RT0Q in Asiatic
Russia, who was giving out serial numbers instead of his name and must
have been in the HA contest.  I was going to use the amp to work him,
but before I could get it on the correct band, he came back to me
barefoot.

73,

John, K4BAI.