[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests (including RAC)

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 7 11:48:52 EDT 2004

Hello all:  Here are the claimed scores for last weekend's contests and
the RAC Canada Day Contest on July 1:

1.  RAC Canada Day Contest
K4BAI    315  35  68,772  SOABHP  8.7 hours
KA1DWX    87  38  35,964  SOABHP  5.5
NJ8J      53  15  12,320  SOABLP  5
K4AQ      55  17   8,874  SOABQRP 6.1
N4GG      49  16   8,064  SOABLP  3

2.  DL-DX RTTY
K9MUG/4  347 122 531,310  SOAB
WX4TM    284  93 324,105  SOAB    8
AE4Y      41  33  23,925  SOABLP
K9JS      88  30  18,840  SOAB-12-dipole-LP 10 hrs  (Op at NQ4I & WW4LL)
K4AQ      21  19   2,850  SOAB-12-dipole-QRP 3

3.  July 2004 Spartan Sprint
K4BAI     49          49  SO2R    2
K4AQ      18          18          1.8

4.  Venezuelan Independence Day Contest
KA1DWX    16  10     800  SOABMixedHP

5.  Michigan QRP Club July 4 Sprint
K4AQ      17  16     832  QRP (C) 2.1

I made three QSOs in the YV test, the only three I heard working the
contest during the 48-hour period.

Also, I want to apologize for getting the date of the Michigan QRP Club
July 4 Contest wrong.  Glad I didn't mislead Matt, who participated on
the correct date of July 4 local.  I had thought it was July 5 local,
the legal holiday, since the Michigan QRP Club Sprints seems usually to
be timed to be held on holidays, which I had assumed meant the legal
holidays when many are home from work on weekdays.  So, there was
actually no conflict between the MiQRP Club event and the Spartan
Sprint, which always takes place on the first Monday night of the month
(local time in the US).

Hope everyone is getting ready for IARU RS this weekend.  See you in the
contest.  Hope for good conditions on all bands.  But, prediction is
more like no propagation except some E skip possibly on 10, poor
propagation on 15, fair conditions only on 20 and 40, and almost too
noisy to use 80 and 160.  Hope I am wrong!

73,

John, K4BAI.