[SECC] Another 3A score

David L. Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 30 16:29:43 EDT 2004

I just got a message from Ray W5EW in Louisiana.  He traveled to Monroe to
help Mickey K5MC operate the CW station at W5EA.  They made 1250 QSos on CW
and 1050 QSos on CW with bonus points their score was 7800 points.  I think
they posted the actual score to the 3830 page.

On CW they ran an Omni 6.

Some of you may remember Ray from our last Dxpo in about 1990 at the
Marriott Airport as part of the Atlanta hamfest.  Ray talked about his
operation from VK9X and VK9C.

Ray was part of the Old Natchez ARC's 3A efforts from 1958 to 1970 as W5KHB
(three top 3A scores and seldom out of the top 5).

Dave K4JRB