[SECC] CQ 160 Claimed Scores

K4SB k4sb at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 3 03:32:37 EST 2004

I think this is some informal "agreement" to give the SEDXC our scores
for the 160, and they supposedly give us theirs in some other
contests.

I believe it originated because 2 or 3 of our members also belong to
the SEDXC.

My hearing and interests have caused 160 operation to be more
difficult than it is worth.

But, I have never given the SEDXC credit for my 160 scores and never
will. And I am also opposed to their sharing a Plaque with us for the
GQP. If you leave out the 2 or 3 members who are in both clubs, and
sponsor plaques, the SEDXC comes out sponsoring 1, and when I did the
plaques for a couple of back years, it was like pulling teeth to get
the money from them.

I have nothing personal against the SEDXC, but feel they are getting
much more than they deserve.

73
Ed