[SECC] Club scores

David L. Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 3 16:57:52 EST 2004

The agreement between the SECC and SEDXC was for 2003.  In 2004 everyone may
submit their score as they like.   There is no mileage limit for the CQ 160
Contests and even N4IN submitted his scores for PVRC from Florida.  I have
told our members outside the ARRL/CQ WW circle that for the CQ 160 they can
turn in their score for SECC if they wish.

SEDXC are mostly active Dxers with some who make contacts in Contests.
Active contesters are mostly also members of SECC.  With most on the Honor
Roll or getting on in age its hard to get new members from the mostly shack
on a belt types.  At last look SEDXC had 80 or so members with 20 to 25 at a
meeting.  In the late 1970's there were 250 members and often 80 at a
meeting.

If the club wants to have a run at winning the club competition two things
must happen:

1.    Virtually everyone needs to turn in a log.  This is what FRC does!
2.    We need two or three Dxpeditions.  The SEDXC had K4PI at P49I, K4TEA
at KP2A, and W8BLA/K2UFT at either ZF or 4U1UN.  This is why SEDXC won in
1993 and placed in the top 3 or 5 from the late 80's to about 1997

Otherwise we are outnumbered by PVRC, FRC, and sometimes YCCC.

73 Dave K4JRB