[SECC] Fw: ARRLDX SSB K4WI SOSB/10 HP

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 8 09:15:48 EST 2004

There was some interesting 'spotlight' propagation on 10 meters. I tried to work
WP3R (K9PG) on 10 meters several times and could not hear him even though I could hear KP4KE and KP2 stations. Also, the PJ2,PJ4,P40 area was in and out even thought the closer stuff in the northern Caribbean was booming in... the opposite would happen too. 8R1K and FY5KE were never really loud on 10 but
some the PY's, who were probably in northern PY were booming. I never heard the VP5's... they were too close.

We experienced this in the ARRL CW contest at PJ4R going towards the states too...

                          Jeff