[SECC] writelog

David L. Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 10 14:39:05 EST 2004

I think what Rick means is someone who is using Writelog to control a multi
station.  Its easy to use as a straight logging program which I am now doing
(my FIF 232's don't work well enough to support even rig control) although
it is fairly simple in rig control.  This is a Yaesu problem not writelog,
however.

Two things I don't care for:  1.    The need to get a second registration to
use with a call beside your own.  Rick would need another for W4KZ.  2.
Tied to point 1 is that Writelog does not support client/server where you
put one copy of writelog on a server and the PC at each station share the
program.  With XP this is natural as this is a implementation of NT with W9x
wrapper.
The program supports peer to peer networking with each station being equal
but each having a copy of writelog.  Having individual copies of writelog
makes actual logging faster but adds to consolidating all the logs together
for a single M/O log.

Otherwise I like the concept that you use the pull down menus of windows and
don't have to rely
on the PC being able to support MS/DOS.
73 Dave K4JRB   Using Writelog since 10.20B