[SECC] old qso's

archie mckay arcub at alltel.net
Thu Nov 11 18:12:32 EST 2004

Dan
I remember the "war" very well. My first SSB transmitter was an HT37
sometime in the late 1960s. Pretty soon I got a brand new Drake B line and
thought it was the prettiest thing I had seen since I first met my wife.

The "war" brought about the split in the Georgia Cracker Net and the Georgia
Single Sideband net was born. A lot of guys who had been friends for years
stopped speaking to each other over that foolishness. My old call was WA4LLE
and I have QSL cards from several SECC guys.
73, Archie, K4GA