[SECC] Re: Old

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Nov 12 10:48:59 EST 2004

I think the only one still around from the earliest days of GSN would be
Jack Bramlett, W4PIM, now in his 80s and living in Alabama.  He is on
the net several times a week.  I joined at Jack's invitation during an
AM QSO in July 1955 and have been active, more or less continuously,
since then.  My first net manager was Al, W4OCG.  All of the early NMs
such as W4DDY have become SKs other than W4PIM.  I was net manager
myself about 1970-71 and published a monthly newsletter for the net for
several years.  73, John, K4BAI.