[SECC] CQ WW CW 2004

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Mon Nov 29 12:30:33 EST 2004

> If Writelog is such a great program was is everyone trying to figure out
how to do this and that all the time ????  (KU8E)

WL has many more setup options than any other logging program.  The basic
logging operation is rock-solid -- but like every other program, the custom
setups take some learning.  I remember hearing the same complaint about CT
and TR when they were gaining a lot of new users.

>When I used it at WW4LL for the CW Sprint it didn't even create the
Cabrillo file correctly. (KU8E)

You were using an old version of WL -- Sprint does not use one line of info
that is used by many other contests, which was missed early on by the
programmers. This was fixed 2-3 years ago.  (I'm 99% sure that the Sprint
robot accepts the log and ignores the extra line, but sends an error message
to let you know.)

I hated Sprint until I got WL.  OK, I still hate Sprint, but at least the
logging is easy.

>i didn't like that i had to actually 'save' the log every now and then --
(K4VU)

The reminder message to save the log shows up until you set the autosave
parameters.  Then WL automatically saves the log on whatever schedule you
want.  Even if you crash between 'saves' it recovers all the completed QSO
data from its temporary files.

73, Gary
K9AY