[SECC] SECC

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Fri Sep 3 20:14:30 EDT 2004

On Sep 2, 2004, at 5:06 PM, John Laney wrote:
> I think it would be good if the club had social events from time to
> time.  All it takes is some volunteers to organize them.  We had a
> very successful picnic at NQ4I's old QTH a few years ago.  I think we
> tried to schedule another one since and some disaster happened to
> cause us to cancel.

John, that was September 11. As I recall, Rick didn't even get back to
Atlanta for several days, since all flights were grounded.

> We are doing pretty well on the operating event part.  I am not in
> favor of kicking anybody out because they are not as active right now
> as they once were or may be in the future.  I'll do as Jeff suggests
> and review the membership list and give him my take on who is active
> and to what extent.  It is my impression that Bill, AA4LR, club
> secretary,keeps that list up to date as others join.

Yes, more or less. However, we don't really have a mechanism for
removing members from the list, since no one has ever sent a request to
be removed from membership. We don't have dues, so people don't
naturally drop off from non-payment of dues.

> Thanks to all of you for your continued support of SECC and its
> operating activities.  Any volunteers to sponsor social activities
> should stand up and be counted.

Amen!

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901