[SECC] NCJ -The National Contest Journal Sept/Oct 2004 - Contest Rcvr Data

Don Durk, ka1dwx gordondurk at knology.net
Sun Sep 5 10:47:42 EDT 2004

I'm sure most SECC'rs are familiar with NCJ, but for those who aren't - it's published by the ARRL, 6 times per year.

          In the current bi-monthly  issue is an excellent  comparative review of 27 xcvrs based on  ARRL's lab  test results. Xvcrs  from K2; ICOM; Kenwood; Ten- Tec, and Yaesu. are included.  The article was written by SP7HT, Tadeusz Raczek.  His self - described background is in 'comparative analysis'  and 'analytical methodology' regarding local government financing in the EU (European Union). In addition, he has "spent the last 35 years in "professional ground and satellite microwave communications".

            If you are interested in the article I'd be glad to send you a copy via mail.  E- mail your name & address to me at   gordondurk at knology.net  and I will mail you a copy of the article in several days.  It is ok to do this as the editorial policy of NCJ as stated on their 'Table of Contents' page reads: "Materials may be excerpted from the NCJ without prior permission provided that the original contributor is credited, and the NCJ is identified as the source".

                                                    ...................  Don Durk, ka1dwx