[SECC] NCJ -The National Contest Journal Sept/Oct 2004 - ContestRcvr Data

John Vickers wa4tt at nlamerica.com
Mon Sep 6 01:01:16 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Coleman" <aa4lr at arrl.net>

> Although I respect Bill W4ZV's opinion, I think he's a bit off on this
> one issue. He's comparing the K2 performance against the Orion. He
> should be comparing the K2 against an older rig with a 15 kHz roofing
> filter.

Bill (LR), I don't think Bill (ZV) was singling out the K2 ---  he was just
pointing out the difference in the way the test procedure was done. It's
pretty well cut and dried that a narrow roofing filter beats a wide roofing
filter for close in IM. In a crowded contest enviroment, given the choice
and with all the crappy signals on the bands its a given.

Tadeks methods and Tadek responded in the past day or so.   ..