[SECC] Calllaway & Other

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sat Sep 11 11:04:51 EDT 2004

I certainly would make it to Callaway, if that is to be organized. Unfortunately driving up to Atlanta area for a lunch meeting is kinda pushing the wet string!

For what it's worth, and depending on how many trees are left here after Ivan blows through, I plan an a serious effort, both in SS CW and CQ WW CW DX test. I'm not going to trust the fact that band conditions will be as good for these contest as they were for CQ WPX, when I got pretty lucky with just an 80m dipole. Will have no yagi's, but will have a 20m EZD and will try to get my 2 el 40m Quad working better than the dummy load it is now.

Also intend to put in a serious effort in the CA QP and think it's a great idea to beat the CA clubs!

Fortunately my Ten Tec Orion is now performing in the CW mode in excellent fashion. I did a lot of yelling and screaming both to Ten Tec and on the Ten Tec reflector, frankly because the Orion just would not work with my Titan 3 amp, it's QSK stunk, and the high end CW speed was pitiful. I am a firmware beta tester for the Orion, and this next release of the firmware will solve all of these problems and make the Orion the excellent CW rig it should be.

Tom - W4BQF