[SECC] Claimed Score K4BAI NA Sprint CW Sept 04

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 13 16:19:56 EDT 2004

Here is my 3830 report on the CW Sprint Saturday night.  Set up for
SO2R, which was a major mistake, I now think.  The QSY rule takes too
much concentration for SO2R to be helpful to me.  Nothing but admiration
for W4AN, N5TJ,and others who have mastered it for Sprints too.  But, it
left me with a smaller amp for 40 M (AL811H) and no QSK on that band.
Probably would have fared better with SO1R and the Alpha 78 QSK amp on
all three bands.

However, that said, I did use the SO2R setup to go back to 20 meters
from 40 and to 40 meters from 80 more often than I usually do and
probably picked up the ID and KY mults on 20 M late that I would not
have worked otherwise.

I think I missed the following states:  VT (heard only), RI, FL, AL, UT,
NE, HI, AR.  Must have been one other state missed, but can't figure out
what it was without benefit of the logging program at home.  Worked only
VE9, VE3, and VE7 in Canada. Also XE2MX was a mult.  Worked only one DX
station and that was LY4AA who was quite active, at least on 40 M.

Thanks for QSOs with KU8E (WW4LL), K9AY, N5VI, W4OC.  Heard, but did not
work, WA4TT.

73,

John, K4BAI.

                     NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0
Radios: SO2R

    80:   74
    40:  110
    20:  131

Team: SE Sprint Coal #1

Comments:

FT1000MP x 2, Alpha 78, Al811H, TH6DXX, zepp, dipole, inverted vee.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/