[SECC] Claimed Score K4BAI WAE SSB 2004

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 13 16:27:07 EDT 2004

Here is my 3830 report on WAE SSB.  Was a lot of fun and much higher
score than last year in spite of only being able to find about 12 hours
to operate.  Took out 4 hours for the NA Sprint CW and it took an hour
to get the rigs set up for SO2R.  Took out about 4 hours for lunch at a
restaurant with the family Saturday, trip to post office and dry
cleaners, and taking an elderly aunt to a funeral of one of our cousins.
  Sunday School and church Sunday.  5 hours Sunday afternoon doing yard
work.  Now we are cleaned up after Frances (in the front yard only--only
big limbs removed from the back yard so far) and ready for Ivan to bring
more debris!  Lots of sleep at night after 40 meters was worked out of
everyone listening above 7225 except RL3A, who just couldn't hear me.
Heard no signals on 10 M listening a few times and no one asked me to
listen for them on 10 M.  However, I read in The Daily DX today that 10
M opened to Europe over the weekend.  Wonder if anyone knows what time?
  15 meters was pretty good to Europe about 1230Z to 2000Z.  Hope that
is a good sign for CQWW contests in Oct and Nov.  20 M was not open for
Europe through the nights unfortunately or there would have been more
QSOs and less sleep.  Don't forget to include South East Contest Club on
your logfiles since there is a club competition (they add together SSB,
CW, and RTTY).

73,

John, K4BAI.

                     WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: 4th Dist, USA
Operating Time (hrs): 12.2

    80:    0     0     0
    40:   18    18    11
    20:  243   227    36
    15:  297   294    40
    10:    0     0     0
Total:  558   539    87  Total Score = 202,945

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1.5 KW, TH6DXX, zepp.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/