[SECC] CQWW RTTY Results

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Mon Sep 27 08:07:29 EDT 2004

On Sep 26, 2004, at 9:01 PM, Daniel Jeswald wrote:

> Why does RTTY advocates think it is alright, cool or whatever to run
> that
> mode ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE BOTTOM END OF FORTY METERS?  I am really
> getting sick and tired of it.

The problem with 40m, especially in Region 1, is THERE IS NO ROOM!

The band is only 100 kHz. The top half or so is phone, leaving only 50
kHz for all digital modes and CW. During a RTTY contest, that's
probably not enough space.

Things will get better in about 5 years when the band doubles in size.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901