[SECC] Last Weekend's Contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 27 11:51:07 EDT 2004

Hello all:

In addition to the SAC SSB contest, I worked a few more QSO Parties this
weekend.  Posted TX QSO Party to 3830, but must have forgotten to
request a copy.

TX QSO Party:  159 CW QSOs, 73 SSB QSOs, 115 counties = 71,645 plus 7500
bonus points for a final score of 79,145.  Bet N4PN doubled that at
least.  7.5 hours.

Made 2 QSOs in the Ark QSO Party, and one in the Al QSO Party on Sat
(W4NTI) and one in the Al QSO Party on Sun (KC4OR).

In the QRP Homebrewer Sprint, I operated SO2R and mde 85 QSOs with 49
mults for a score of 58,310 in 3.2 hours.  QRN built up toward the end
and I ran out of stations to work on any band.  Jeff, KU8E, helped me
repair recent storm damage to wire antennas on Saturday and they worked
great this weekend.  Had a couple of CA stations answer my CQs on 40 M
with 5 watts and a dipole.  Just wasn't enough activity to sustain
interest and the QRN was very high on 80 M.  Did work K4AQ and a couple
of other GA stations.

I will be in Thomasville (if they get the power restored to the
courthouse) Tuesday through Thursday unless the Thursday case settles.
But, I will try to keep up with e-mail with my laptop computer this
trip, so please try to get me your claimed scores by Tuesday night so I
can post them Wednesday.

73,

John, K4BAI.