[SECC] GQP

ku8e@bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 12 09:33:10 EDT 2005

My suggestion to count multipliers only once is for the benefit of those working the GQP from outside
of Georgia. Presently, the activity, especially on SSB, is not even close where someone might be able
to come close to a "sweep". (i.e all counties on both modes)  Plus, I think if you do an analysis of the logs recieved from outside GA that CW is the mode of choice...

I guess I don't understand how some of you think this will effect activity on SSB. There is no connection. The rover stations work 90% of their QSO's on CW because the rate is better.
Why should I bother to go to SSB when I have only 30 mins in a county and I can average 90 per
hour working CW ???? If I could do this on SSB I would but being a rover your signal is usually weak
and you have a hard time holding a frequency on SSB...

If someone wants to change qso points to one point on both CW and SSB go ahead. It will not
change anything. Those of you that like to operate SSB will be on equal footing with those who
choose CW as far as scoring but I am sure you will not  have a competitive score because most of the activity is on CW...

Most of the contesting programs are easy to change. In NA all you would have to do is to go into the template editor and change the multipier setting - a 2 minute job....

Tommy...

You friends in Thomasville, Albany, and Valdosta  must be living in a cave. The contest was publicized in all the major magazines, online on various websites and in the ARRL section news
that our section manager - AF4FO - publishes and emails to all ARRL members in GA. I'm not sure
what else you can do to get the word out ????

Jeff