[SECC] GaQP AA4LR Single Op LP

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Tue Apr 12 09:27:07 EDT 2005

                     Georgia QSO Party

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GWIN
Operating Time (hrs): 9.7
Radios: SO2R

    80:   0       7
    40:   0     132
    20:   0     100
    15:   0       3
    10:   0       0
--------------------
Total:   0     242  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 50  Total Score = 12,100

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 KAT100 running 100 watts
K1KP-style homebrew voice keyer (1 message)
Kenwood TS-430S (receive only)

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S at 15m (20m, 15m)
80m doublet at 10m (40m, 80m)
Shunt fed 15m tower (80m)

Comments:

What fun! Who would have thought you could work 90% of WAS in an off
and on bit  of radio play during an in-state QSO party? Worked all
states but DE, LA, HI, NV and SD. Called CQ for 90% of the QSOs. Total
of about 9 hours in the chair - some of this was calling CQ with no
takers.

Band conditions seemed to be a bit poor. Nothing happening on 15m from
here, although I heard K4EA working stations there, I couldn't get
anything going. 20m was short early on Saturday, but then went long.
40m was the big money band -- and I don't even have a good antenna on
this band.  Got on 80m late Saturday, but the band seemed abandoned.

Noticed after the contest that I was spotted a few times on the
cluster. Thanks guys.

Best moment was working S51CK -- he was calling CQ Georgia QSO Party on
20m. Oh, and HK3JJH called in three different times! That guy was
everywhere.

A couple of guys asked me to go to CW, but I was doing Phone-only. Now
I realise there's no category for phone-only. Doh! Next time.

For a short while on 40m, NJ8J and I were just a couple of kilohertz
apart on 40m.

Missed KU8E/M and W4AN, but worked K4BAI before they started the rover.
I'm guessing Jeff just wasn't on phone much.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901