[SECC] GQP N4NX SO LP - Portable White, GA

billn4nx@alltel.net billn4nx at alltel.net
Tue Apr 12 12:51:12 EDT 2005

GEORGIA QSO PARTY

Call                        : N4NX
County                      : WHITE
Entry Class                 : Single Operator-ALL-MIXED
Power Level                 : lOW

BAND   CW     PH     MULTS
==========================
80        0       0
40      145     177
20       89     382
15       13      20
10        0       0

------------------------------

TOTAL   247     579      97

SCORE   104,081

EQUIPMENT:
FT-920
20 METER DIPOLE ( UP 25' )
40 METER DIPOLE ( NAILED TO REAR DECK, UP 27' )
15 METER DIPOLE ( UP 30' - THREW UP SUNDAY MORNING )

First I want to thank Jeff, KU8E for salvaging my NA log. I don't know what I did, but Jeff took the .gdf file and made it all OK.  Thanks to John, K4BAI as well for his help.

This was a portable operation from my mountain home in Sautee, GA.  All antennas went up Sat morning.  We have a rear deck ( 40' long and 27' high ) that hangs out over a FAST slopping 1000' drop. The 40 meter dipole is basically a 1/4 wave dipole that is in the shape of an inverted U. It is nailed to the top rail of the deck with the two ends nailed to the 27' supporting poles.  This thing worked like a bomb as you can see 40 was a great band for me!  I missed only 2 states ( HI & MS ).  I see that K4EA missed only LA & ME.  I must have worked a half dozen ME and several LA. I guess it is the luck of where you are when.

It was a lot of FUN.  Thanks to all who worked hard to make it happen.

73
Bill N4NX