[SECC] Sweepstakes Club Competition

ku8e@bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 14 15:07:52 EDT 2005

See ARRL club competition rules below. K4SB has misinterepted the rules. You cannot have a different club circle for different ARRL contests. Did we do this for SS ???

>From ARRL Club Competition rules:

All stations and all operators must reside within the club territory, which is either defined by a 175-mile (282-kilometer) circle from a designated area or one ARRL section.

8.3.3.To be eligible to submit a score in the Affiliated Club Competition, operators must be members in good standing of the club designated, and reside and operate in the club territory as provided in 8.4.1, 8.4.2, and 8.4.3. The Club Secretary or designated Club Scorekeeper for an affiliated club must submit a list of all club members eligible to compete for the club (not a club roster) and which level (unlimited, medium, local) they wish to enter for each competition within 30 days after the contest.

8.4.2.Medium

8.4.2.1.Club submits 50 or fewer entries and does not qualify under the local club criteria.

8.4.2.2.One station can submit two entries--one on CW and one on Phone in the November Sweepstakes and the DX Contest.

. 8.4.2.3. The club territory is either defined by:

8.4.2.3.1. A 175-mile (282-kilometer) circle from a designated center; or;

8.4.2.3.2. An ARRL-section.

8.4.2.4. All stations must be located and all operators must reside within the designated club territory.

8.4.2.5.All members must be "members in good standing" according to the rules and requirements of the club.

8.4.2.6. Eligible members that operate stations outside the club territory may not compete in the club competition, except as provided in rule 8.6.