[SECC] GQP Notes

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 11:58:02 EDT 2005

All
Kudos to Jay, K4OGG, for his excellent plaque duty of recent years.  We do need a volunteer to step in and help there.
Jere has done a fine job with the certificates, I hope we can count on him again.  Many thanks to both for this work.

The log count is at 93 and climbing slowly, all known logs in hand are posted.
I do want to post all logs received, because it is a confirmation to the person sending. Of course this ends after all May 11th postmarks are in.
John, K4BAI is the mail-in point, and we have had several go to Jeff, KU8E, as he was the last posted director.  Thanks to John and Jeff for forwarding those to me for score.

I have seen some notes with good comments per GQP, thanks.

As your director of the GQP,  I value and rely on John and Jeff  for their input and advice, and further on the good members of SECC who freely discuss all issues.

At this point I view my duties as:
Collect the logs, save and back them up.  (Now #1)
Score the logs and have a second set of eyes check the results prior to publish.
Report to Plaques and Certs no more than 90 days after May 11th, 60 days if possible
Publish 2005 scores, and awards on the web
Keep the web site updated, and even simplify it some after the scores are out.
Chair a rules revision discussion in the fall, in time for changes and publications.
Prepare for 2006 party, advertise, promote, and notify to an expanded set of possible participants and clubs.

With John helping on mail logs, Jere on Certs, and someone new on Plaques.  I have no problem in meeting my duties.  If I find I need help on scores, I can call for it as Tommy notes, but I like the job, and feel you get a consistent pass through on it...  Having done it before eliminates the shock of the first exposure... hi.  I promise not to gripe about any logs, and welcome all.
In a prior life I handled data in huge chunks, fear not.
Since I was the author of the current GQP web site, I have no problems in updates or revisions.

I also think we can discuss a good range of rule or award changes, like mode, without having to change software.  I could score CW vs SSB on the current submissions for example.
However, I am not trying to spark that discussion now, let's hold it for after the scores are published for 2005.  Other topics are on the burners now.

Again, thanks to all, particularly Jay,

Someone think about Plaques...

73,
Mike, NE4S