[SECC] GQP changes

Jay Pryor jpryor at uga.edu
Wed Dec 7 08:21:24 EST 2005

Plaques should be awarded even if there is only one entry in a
category.  As has been pointed out, a contestant should not be penalized
just because he/she has the only entry in a category.  In fact it is not
unusual for some contesters in the most popular contests to choose a
category in which they have the best chance for the top position.  There is
nothing wrong with that.  Also, as a plaque sponsor I have no problem with
a single entry winning the plaque I am sponsoring.  And from an operational
standpoint it is cumbersome for the person handling production of the
plaques to carry over the money from one year to the next if there is no
plaque winner in a category.

Jay, K4OGG