[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Dec 22 16:37:26 EST 2005

Hello all:

I apologize for the poor quality of the report I sent from my new
computer at home last night.  It won't keep the columns straight as I
type them, the same as I can't send them correctly from my laptop.  So,
I am going to re-type the results from the past week's contests from the
office, where the columns stay straight.

1.  RAC Winter Contest
Call    CQ W  CW M  SSB Q  SSB M  Score     Time    Category    Notes
K4ZGB   165   29    219    18     141,940   13      SOABHP      AL
K4BAI   410   36     27     5      97,908   10:45   SOABHP
KD3GC    22    7    131    22      39,208    3.7    SOABLP
N4GG    185   26    ---    --      31,512    5      SOABHP

This one is hard for me to do much in on SSB since the suggested SSB
frequencies except on 40 (and, of course, 160 and 10M) are far from the
US General Class subbands.

2.  Stew Perry Top Band Distance Contest
N4PN    445                         1,569   13.5    SOHP
K4OGG   212                         1,068    8      SOLP
K4BAI   148                           467    2:16   SOHP
KU8E    119                           423    2      SOHP
W4ATL   105                           295    4      SOHP
WA4TT   211                            ?     ?      SOHP
W4NTI    56                            ?     ?      SOLP

3.  NCCC Thursday Practice Stew Perry TBDC
K4BAI    22                            73    0.5    SOHP

4.  Flying Pigs QRP Club Run for the Bacon
K4BAI    21   18                      918    2.0    5W

5.  QRPARCI Holiday Spirits Homebrew Sprint
K4BAI    43   30                   40,740    1:36   5W

6.  Croatian CW Contest
K4BAI   241   49                   30,674    7:46   SOABHP

A lot of these QSOs were also during and counted for the RAC Contest.
Except for Canadians, everybody sent 599 + serial no. in both contests.
  Of course, the RAC started at 00Z and ran for 24 hours and the 9A
contest started at 14Z for 24 hours.  So, I didn't obey the rule of
starting the 9A QSO numbers at 001, so it may only count as a check log.

Tonight, we have the normal Thursday night NCCC practice for NA Sprints
CW.  100 watts maximum.  Runs from 0330Z to 0400Z.  Regular Sprint rules
except that you can make dupe QSOs on the same band after one
intervening QSO on that band.  This is a real good way to practice for
the Sprints, particularly with SO2R.

This weekend, as you might expect, there are not many contests.  Sunday
night (Monday UTC), from 02Z until 0959Z, there is the annual RAEM
contest on 80-10M CW.  Likely only 80 and 40 M will be open, but there
is a possibility of 20M.  Exchange is serial number of QSO beginning
with 001 and going up plus your geographical coordinates in degrees.
Note that the abbreviation for the direction East is O (German language
for East is "Ost").  You can easily get your coordinates by typing your
call into Buckmaster Ham Call webpage.  The round off to the nearest
minute.

Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday from 18Z until 02Z, there is a Holiday
Milliwatt CW contest.  You can count only two of the three days.  Usual
QRP frequencies.  I think if you use over 1 watt input, your points per
QSO is 1, so it doesn't help to run 1 watt over running 1500 watts.  If
you run milliwatt power, you get a lot of points per QSO.  You might
want to give out a few points to the milliwatters if you hear any.  Note
that there is a suggestion that the letter "W" be substituted for a
decimal point, so 1W5 means 1.5 watts and W25 is 250 milliwatts, etc.
You can change power from QSO to QSO.  I guess you start with the lowest
power your rig can run and increase it by stages until you get an answer.

Seasons's greetings to all.  Merry Christmas.  Hope everyone has a good
weekend and gets in a few QSOs, whether or not in a contest.

73,

John, K4BAI.