[SECC] Re: SECOND FOLLOW-UP FW: WB6BWZ log & summary for GaQP 2004

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 4 10:12:13 EST 2005

  I am forwarding my reply to Matt's questions to the whole club....   I have told K4BAI that I will have
 the results for the 2004 GQP ready before April when the next GQP is scheduled. I have also told
 John that I would like to turn the running of the GQP over to someone else in the club because I just don't have time for it anymore.  I have asked several times on the reflector for a volunteer to take over but no one has stepped forward.  The 2005 GQP will also go on as scheduled.

The 2005 GQP will be my last as the contest director.  If the GQP will exist after this year is really up to the club. Personally, I think the SECC (or SEDXC) doesn't support this contest very well. Only a few of our members take the time to bother to participate and send in scores. Running this contest seems to be a waste of my time...

  I don't want to rehash the discussion we had on the reflector months ago about club activities but if the SECC wants to be a club that just talks to each other on their reflector and submit their scores for contests and nothing else... that's fine with me. I'll just join the crowd until I find a better alternative....

73, Jeff  KU8E