[SECC] CW Sprint vs RTTY Contest QRM

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 7 10:02:51 EST 2005

  I couldn't help but notice there is another RTTY contest - CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest (0000Z, Feb 12 to 2400Z, Feb 13 ) scheduled next weekend.  The NA CW Sprint, which is a very popular contest in
the USA is scheduled 0000-0400z on Saturday night.   How about you RTTY guys cutting us some slack and don't call CQ low in the band on 40 meters during the 4 hours the Sprint is going on. The NAQP CW contest back in January conflicted with another RTTY contest and the RTTY QRM made the band almost useless.

 I understand that recently RTTY has become a popular mode , but the NA Sprints have been around
for almost 30 years on this exact weekend. The sponsors of all the new RTTY contests should take this into consideration when picking a date for their contest.  Thanks for your consideration...

 Jeff  KU8E