[SECC] RE: [CQ-Contest] CW Sprint vs RTTY Contest QRM

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Mon Feb 7 23:01:35 EST 2005

Jeff,

Why would a domestic contest not move up in the band (7080 to
7150 should be plenty of room) rather than fight it out with
RTTY operators during an international contest in the only
area of the band open for international contacts?   Europe
is pretty well "stuck" between 7030 and 7050 for RTTY -
they might be able to move up a bit but that will certainly
draw the ire of SSB ops.

WPX contests ... even the RTTY WPX is not exactly a Johnny-
come-lately although the digital mode events are getting
more popular every year.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK