[SECC] CW Sprint vs RTTY Contest QRM

Moss, Dave J (INPO) MossDJ at INPO.org
Mon Feb 7 10:31:28 EST 2005

Jeff brings up a good point--better scheduling to avoid these conflicts
is the best bet.  But realistically, the CQWW WPX has also been around a
while, and is probably about as big a RTTY contest as there is.  I'm
certainly willing to do my part by not calling CQ in the low end of 40m
for those four hours, but my guess is that there will be lots of
Europeans calling CQ there (and lots of US stations answering).

Just what we need--another opportunity for dissention!  :-)

Dave KE4UW

-----Original Message-----
From: secc-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:secc-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of ku8e at bellsouth.net
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 10:03 AM
To: cq-contest at contesting.com
Cc: secc at contesting.com
Subject: [SECC] CW Sprint vs RTTY Contest QRM

  I couldn't help but notice there is another RTTY contest - CQ WW RTTY
WPX Contest (0000Z, Feb 12 to 2400Z, Feb 13 ) scheduled next weekend.
The NA CW Sprint, which is a very popular contest in
the USA is scheduled 0000-0400z on Saturday night.   How about you RTTY
guys cutting us some slack and don't call CQ low in the band on 40
meters during the 4 hours the Sprint is going on. The NAQP CW contest
back in January conflicted with another RTTY contest and the RTTY QRM
made the band almost useless.

 I understand that recently RTTY has become a popular mode , but the NA
Sprints have been around
for almost 30 years on this exact weekend. The sponsors of all the new
RTTY contests should take this into consideration when picking a date
for their contest.  Thanks for your consideration...

 Jeff  KU8E